Immersive Museum Vol.2 : ポスト印象派 / Post Impressionism
Bruce Ikeda standing as music director, Immersive Museum Vol.2 started on July 7th, Friday, at Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall in Tokyo. Following last year’s Vol.1 “IMPRESSIONISM” with over 2 hundred thousand people visiting and being a huge box-office success, this year’s theme is “Post Impressionism” featuring painters such as Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne, etc. We used the newest video production methods to remix into a modernized style the works, techniques, and creative process of the post impressionist artists. Gaining inspiration from the impactful expressions of the artists, both music and imagery of the immersive content has become even more aggressively cutting-edge than that of last year. The soundtrack was produced by the collaboration of Midori Hirano, Kuniyuki Takahashi, and Yoshiteru Himuro, and having-been created under the concept of an “unpredictable approach”, its quality has surely surpassed the first. As the amazing sound tightly comes in sync with the powerful visuals projected onto the 6m high wall of the
700㎡ wide space, the story we’ve all been waiting for begins to unfold. A must see for sure.
- Airbnb Gokayama Situated on the shores of the Sho River and surrounded by high, rugged mountains, the nine-home village of Suganuma is one of the most beautiful and charming places in Japan. It is also one of the country’s best kept secrets. This summer, Airbnb is offering guests the opportunity to experience this World Heritage Site in a way no one else has in over 20 years – with an overnight stay in one of its historic homes, and JKD took in charge of still photography and video production to promote the project. With e a great support by Airbnb team of Japan, Singapore and SF, we were able to pull off something stunning in collaboration with Satoshi Nagare for still, Jin Ito for video and Tetsuya Kitagawa for drone shooting.
- ellesse TONE experience JKD produced a special event featuring a hands-on interactive audio visual installation for a recently relaunched tennis brand, ellesse.
- BMX MyNavi JapanCup Yokosuka : Live Streaming with Real-time Effect BMX Official Freestyle Match “MyNavi JapanCup” was held by Yokosuka city for the first time in Japan as a local government. JKD directed the real-time effects for the live stream video and the official poster design.
- Immersive Museum : Music and Sound Design We had the privilege of providing the music and sound design for the immersive experience art exhibition “Immersive Museum”. With “Dive in Art” as its concept, it is being held at Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall starting from July 8 for a total of 120 days.
- Goldwin : PLAY EARTH PARK Goldwin, the sports wear company which aligns with global sports brands including The North Face, held the park project in Tokyo Midtown, under the concept “PLAY EARTH”. JKD produced the documentary film it.
Hyundai Japan : Brand Teaser
Here’s JKD’s first work of 2022. A Teaser / branded film of Hyundai and EV, IONIQ 5. It’s about a journey of CUBE, which is one of the development concepts of the product, moving through space from nature to the urban environment.
ALPINE : SOUNDWARDS
We created the branded movie for Japan’s premium car audio ALPINE, that has users and fans all over the world.
With SOUNDWARDS “To the place where there’s great sound” as the concept, we visualized its simple but strong message: Great sound inspires us and the most exciting spaces are the best sounding ones, attracting passionate people.
RedBull : 64 Bars Season 3
Red Bull 64 Bars is a project capturing the thrilling performances in the studio where rappers hit the booth and lay down ‘64 Bars’.
Season 3’s contents have been released sequentially since April.
Continued from last season, JKD produces the project, with Mummy D from RHYMESTER as the curator in this season.
BMW M3: Audio +Visual Installation
JKD produced and created an audiovisual installation for M3, one of the highest performing vehicles by BMW with lots of fans.
- THE NORTH FACE: “141 CUTSOMS” AudioVisual Installation JKD produced an installation for THE NORTH FACE’s new service “141 CUSTOMS”, which lets you create your original outdoor wear by choosing colors from THE NORTH FACE item and by fitting into the perfect size by 3D scanning of your body.
Projection Mapping and Lighting Show : Upopoy Kamuy Symphonia
Japan’s first-ever national facility that shares the Ainu history and culture, Upopoy, made its grand opening in Shiraoicho, Hokkaido.
JKD was given the privilege to work on the huge projection mapping & lighting show – the highlight night event for Upopoy.
- ABeam Consulting: Branded Film JKD planned and produced a branded film for ABeam Consulting, one of the biggest consulting farm in Japan.
- Butterfly : Dignics JKD planned and produced a branded film for ping pong brand, Butterfly. We focused on how to fuse the authenticity of ping pong and and creativity.
- JKD 7th Anniversary : Audio Visual Show “Radius” We produced JKD 7th anniversary / Audio Visual Show “Radius” at Shibuya PARCO.
- Blue Parclock : Audio Visual Installation JKD planned and produced time signal audio + visual installation , “Blue Parclock”, and it was installed at Global Ring in Ikebukuro Station as a paramagnet installation. It is an audio-visual installation that runs every hour on the hour. The content changes every time by analyzing real-time information such as time, weather, temperature, and humidity
- RedBull Music : 64 Bars Season 2 JKD produced season 2 of “64Bars”, a special content series by RedBull Music that records 64 bars at one time.
- Goldwin : Athlete Vision This is a graphic campaign (print + digital) JKD produced for a sport brand, Goldwin. We were in charge of key visual design and special web site production.
Airbnb : Japan Host Story
We produced a documentary film about Takigahara Farm in Ishikawa prefecture and Ryo Ogawa, as one of Airbnb's "Host Story" series.
Almost all cuts were filmed by 16mm film. You can get a unique atmosphere of Takigahara of its fresh air, wild nature, and lively people through this piece.
- Goldwin: Athletic / Outdoor JKD Collective directed and produced a branded video for Goldwin Athletic / Outdoor.
- ESTIVO: Design Your Winter JKD planned and produced a branded movie for the snowboarding brand, ESTIVO.
- JKD Collective 6th Anniversary : Radius Live show "Radius" by JKD Collective featuring top artists.
- MUTEK JP JKD has collaborated with Asai and the programmer Masayuki Daijima to create our original audio-visualizer, inspired by the Japanese traditional kimono pattern called Edo Komon, which will be projected during the performance.
- Speedo: Water Baby JKD Collective directed and produced ‘Water Baby’, a branded video for Australia-born swimwear brand, Speedo.
- ellesse: RAP FREESTYLE ft. LEON FANOURAKIS, JUA, MU-TON Branded music video for "ellesse" featuring a freestyle rap performance by 3 rappers who are leading the new hip hop generation.
- Helly Hansen: Be With Water JKD Collective produced and directed a brand video for Helly Hansen, a sportswear brand originating from Norway, known for their high quality waterproof wear and marine sports style.
- Goldwin Ski:No Skier Version JKD planned and produced a brand movie for Goldwin.
PwC Japan : Audio VIsual Installation
PwC is one of the biggest consulting firms headquartered in London, with over 200,000 staff in 158 countries around the world. JKD produced a permanent installation at the entrance of its Tokyo office.
- JKD Audio Visual Installation HAND Vol.02 Audio visual installation JKD conducted for Live Entertainment and Event Expo 2016 in collaboration with Drill and AVC. JKD handled the audiovisual contents screened in the 5.7m high/13m wide booth made entirely of LEDs displayed by AVC.
- JKD Audio Visual Installation HAND Vol.01 Audio visual installation JKD conducted for Live Entertainment and Event Expo 2016 in collaboration with Drill and AVC. JKD handled the audiovisual contents screened in the 5.7m high/13m wide booth made entirely of LEDs displayed by AVC.
- JKD Collective 3rd Anniversary Party : Multiverse Amazing Party/Live Event performed by 6 musicians and VJs for the 3rd-year anniversary of JKD Collective.
- Jacob Collier : With The Love In My Heart JKD have planned and produced the music video, “With The Love in My Heart” for the Grammy award winner and YouTube star, Jacob Collier.
- THE NORTH FACE: GLOBE FIT INSTALLATION JKD has designed and produced this audio visual installation for the outdoor brand, The North Face, showcasing it’s latest product ‘Globe Fit’. It was exhibited at Hibiya Midtown and to received great reaction.
- Red Bull Japan: MAJOR FORCE BE WITH YOU We produced a documentary film on Major Force, Japan’s legendary music label founded thirty years ago, in collaboration with Red Bull Japan.
- MITSUBISHI: Space Challenge in Ginza JKD produced the music and sound design for the interactive installation at Space Challenge in Ginza.
- Airbnb: Spring Break | Okinawa JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. Here's Okinawa version, "Simple Joy in Green" is the main theme.
- Airbnb China: Spring Break | Taipei JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. The Taipei version focuses on the latest music scene in the city.
- Airbnb China: Spring Break | Bangkok JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. Here's Bangkok version. Discover the contemporary Thai design and craft, which are at a point of dynamic convergence.
- Airbnb: Spring Break | Seoul JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. Here's Seoul version focusing on vintage charm of the city.
- Netflix DEVILMAN crybaby JKD produced the music and sound design for the TV spot for Netflix original anime, “DEVILMAN crybaby”
- Airbnb: Kanazawa | Not Yet Trending "Not Yet Trending" is an investigative series from inside Airbnb featuring new, hot destinations discovered by its community. JKD produced the latest episode that explored the Kanazawa, Japan.
- NIKE AIR MAX DAY 2018 NIKE AIR MAX DAY 2018 was celebrated worldwide on March 26th. For this celebration, JKD Collective worked on the sound design for the installation specially designed for NIKE Harajuku.
THE NORTHFACE: AudioVisual Installation for SUMMIT SERIES EXHIBITION
JKD planned and produced an installation for THE NORTHFACE SUMMIT SERIES EXHIBITION.
- YAMAHA: Branded Film for TOKYO MOTOR SHOW JKD produced a branded film for YAMAHA booth at Tokyo motor show.
JKD 5th Anniversary: Multiverse
A video captured during JKD's 5th anniversary party of the thrilling freestyle session by a genius rapper Chinza Dopeness and Tipleso along with Reggaelation IndependAnce.
- Radius: A New Music Platform by JKD Taking the opportunity of our 5th anniversary, JKD launched “Radius”, a new music platform.
- Airbnb: “Live There” Campaign for Japan TV spot for Japan’s Airbnb “Live There” Campaign.
MONTBLANC: Nopera AOI -Special Show-
1-night Nopera Live Show that was held for VIP guests of fountain pen brand MONTBLANC.
Japan's oldest art form ”Noh” combined with contemporary music and cutting edged visual, the audiences experienced the mixture of Japanese aesthetics at its high level.
- Airbnb: “Live There” Campaign for Korea TV spot for Korea’s Airbnb “Live There” Campaign.
- Japan Airlines: Mt. Fuji Beauty Flight Music production for a movie contents for the promotion on the JAL app that lets you reserve the side of the seat you can see Mt. Fuji on a flight.
- Spotify Japan: Twitter Campaign JKD was in charge of the motion design for these twitter campaign videos for Spotify Japan.
- shu uemura x Takashi Murakami: Tokyo Wrapping “tokyo wrapping”, a branded movie for the launch of shu uemura’s holiday collection featuring the artworks by Takashi Murakami.
- Airbnb: Host Story JKD was in full charge of Japan’s first large digital campaign production for Airbnb. We produced 3 documentary-style movies and graphics featuring 3 hosts.
- Asics Tiger: TRANSFROM COLOR. JKD and Beacon Communications collaborated and produced a branded film and graphics for a global campaign launched from Japan by Asics Tiger.
- Audio Visual Installation: Live Entertainment & Event Expo JKD produced an audio visual installation in collaboration with Drill and AVC for Live Entertainment & Event Expo at Makuhari Messe.
- Citizen: Asia Mens Watch Branded Movie A web spot featuring 2 of Citizens new watches for the Asian market that are almost identical but slightly different. With “duality” as its concept, this full CG movie was directed by Genki Ito, and music composed by Yoshiteru Himuro; one of the strongest combo amongst JKD artist team.
- Google App TVCM: Spring JKD took charge of music production for a spring TV spot for Google App. We worked with DJ Codomo and made this playful toy-box like music.
- Coleman: Welcome the Unexpected A hybrid short film combining a road trip movie and a freestyle rap music video for an outdoor brand Coleman.
- e.CASTEL A short film we produced for a brand new designer clothing shopping site called e.CASTEL.
- JORDAN BRAND: MUSEUM 23 TOKYO Nike celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Air Jordan with MUSEUM 23 TOKYO at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Tokyo. JKD took in charge of sound desgin for 7m height large scale video installation.
- SUBARU: Move Forward JKD was in charge of music production for SUBARU's new brand video "Move Forward".
- MS & AD Nadeshiko Japan JKD took charge of music production for this short video about Japan's woman's national soccer team known as "Nadeshiko Japan".
- adidas football: THE FOOTBALL CREATORS A branding movie for the latest soccer cleats by adidas. JKD took charge of music and sound design. Music composed by KEIZOmachine!.
- Red Bull Summer Edition “Mosquito Slap” In collaboration with Red Bull Summer Edition, we made a special video clip tightly synced to a music track made of all the sounds heard while camping out.
- E-shigoto 2 JKD was in charge of sound design of TVCM for E-shigoto, recruiting site. It’s an experimental audio visual work that is rare as TVCM.
- Music Video: MIYAVI / THE OTHERS JKD produced a Music Video for the guitarist, MIYAVI, who is making moves into the US market with a debut in a Hollywood movie directed by Angelina Jolie. We captured the top level performance that is getting hot attention by global creative scenes, in a stylish mono-tone world.
- UNIQLO 2015 UT TVCM Took charge of music and sound design of world wide on-air TVCM of UNIQLO. The sound design took the mash-up mix kind of approach to feature the different visions of UT. The narration is by Reika Ozeki who is pulling attention with Vine clip and MC Chinza Dopeness. The visual direction by Genki Ito.
- Photographic Video Magazine: Koyasan We made a short promotional documentary video for Koyasan, the headquarters of the Koyasan sect of Shingon Buddhism in Wakayama, Japan.
- Hotlink TVCM JKD took charge of music composition and sound design for TV/Web CM for Hotlink, the popular prepaid brand in Malaysia.
- KOSE Fasio TVCM Took charge of music production / sound design for Fasio's TVCM aired in January 2015.
- Kaleidoscope with Mirror Harrier The first work of JKD Collective this year is Kaleidoscope installation which took place in Roppongi Hills for Toyota Mirror Harrier.
- Heart Beat Music: Brand Movie for C3fit IN-Pulse by Goldwin Brand Movie for C3 Fit In pulse that can measure human’s heart rate by just wearing it. We converted the runners heart beats into real-time music and played on the track field.
- Red Bull Akeru Shimeru A digital campaign for the launch of 330min Aluminum Bottle, with the concept of “Open, Close", JKD created 24 types of GIF video featuring super head spins by Red Bull break dancers.
- YouTube Space Tokyo: Spooky House Conducted live streaming of special live performance by Daito Manabe / Rhizomatiks and breakbeats unit HIFANA which took place for Spooky House party at Youtube Space Tokyo in Roppongi on 10/31 Fri.
- DDH Installation An audio visual installation for the reception at DDH, Dentsu Digital Holdings in Tokyo. Composited photos shot at Tsukiji fish market with Japanese authentic pattern inspired animation.
- Nike TVCM “Your Step” JKD produced a 60sec TVCM for Nike featuring first achievement and trial in people's sport life. It was aired during the Kirin Cup, national football game and received a great reaction.
- Spider Man Lastly, JKD produced an mural art at Parco Shibuya for the DVD promotion of Spiderman by Sony Pictures. The art work by a live painting duo Doppel was well received by the audience.
- Pocari Sweat Lunar Dream Capsule Project Lunar Dream Capsule Project is a significant campaign that launched the kids dreams to the moon through a time capsule. JKD took charge of music production and sound design for the project movie that was aired at the best planetariums in Tokyo.
- Forbes For the launch of Japan edition of US magazine, Forbes, a huge party inviting 800 VIPs from Politics and Economy was held and JKD produced an opening video for this party.
- Citizen TVCM for Citizen aired in Asian countries, pursuing audio + visual synchronization.
- E-shigoto TVCM for Job Recruiting site featuring Hidetoshi Nakata. DP is Kazumi Kurigami.
- Yokohama Odyssey JKD undertook the music production and sound design for a colossal projection mapping, projected onto a 10x30 meter stone wall in the shape of a ship. The 9+ minute video is a trip through time in Yokohama from the 1800s to the year 2300. The music turned out like a traditional scroll painting of music: Japanese traditional instruments mix with ambient sounds and strings into one fluid opera.
- Run Track This unique web application links to Nike+ and creates unique music tracks by analyzing your run. In collaboration with Rhizomatiks and AKQA, JKD directed and produced the music for this experimental Nike project mixing running and music.
- Sony Vaio TVCM JKD worked on the sound for new Sony Vaio TVCM. It turned out to be a stylish work pursuing audio+ visual synchronization with female and male floating in the monochrome, minimal image. Received great response from the client and creative team.
- Snowman’s Wish As a Christmas gift to the local children in Fukushima, a projection mapping entitled “Snowman’s Wish” was held on December 24, 2013. We produced the music for the 3 minute film that was projected onto the wall of the concert hall.
- Tsurugajo Projection Mapping “Haruka” This was the first projection mapping in the Tohoku area to encourage reconstruction after the 3.11 earthquake. JKD produced this video and projected it onto the walls of a famous Japanese castle in Fukushima with 700 years of history.
Red Bull Music Academy Weekender
We took charge of visual direction for the Red Bull Music Academy Weekender festival in Tokyo. The strong visual impact of our designs was felt from the streets of Tokyo to the halls of the Internet.
- The Beat Makers To promote HP’s new music-focussed tablet, the Slate 7, we filmed 3 beat-makers who are pushing boundaries in the Japanese music scene, capturing the essence of their creative process and the inspiration behind their beat making.
- Mr. Omori Mr. Toshiaki Omori is a world renowned shoe master residing in Kobe. This short film we produced for Adidas captures the essence of this unique craftsman’s creative process and spirit.
- Tokyo Jazz Festival Tokyo Jazz asked us to take charge of the festival’s branding and visual design. Our solution was an energetic mix of Japanese and roman typography expressing a jazz motif within the sophistication of present day Tokyo.
- Puma TVCM : King Kazu Miura and Hiroki Yamada, two top athletes representing the old and new generation of footballers, wear the signature spike by Puma in this pair of TV commercials with the concept of “King spike speaks.”
Director Masaaki Miyazawa spent over 10 years shooting Ise and its forests in this powerful film. Our opening titles utilize a mix of the director’s X-ray photographs with sophisticated motion graphics.
- Synchronized Drops This station ID for Space Shower TV utilizes an experimental camera technique to create a gravity-defying optical illusion without the use of any post-processing in an interplay of floating water and contemporary dance.
This ID video for Rhizomatiks goes back to their roots of freely mixing creativity and technology, utilizing techniques such as realtime face mapping in the musical performances of Chinza Dopeness and Hifana.
- Wayo Secchu Exhibition Barcelona-based artist Aleix Gordo, influenced by Japanese manga, and Tokyo-based artist Tadaomi Shibuya, famous for his stylized, angular forms, came together for a special party produced by JKD and midori.so featuring collaborative live painting and an art exhibition.
- Toyota Lexus Anatomy Tokyo Auto Salon is the world’s biggest festival of custom-made cars by Japanese craftsmen. In 2013, Lexus displayed four unique custom cars. JKD customized the GS450h with artwork by Tadaomi Shibuya, bringing a strong presence to the scene.
- Gekiteki Website Gekiteki is an experimental unit within NHK known for spectacular public events mixing visual expression with the latest technology. Our design for their website reflects that image through sophisticated design and movement.
- Kinfolk Magazine Video We selected a music piece for this video from Portland-based Kinfolk Magazine, garnering attention for its focus on community gathering with refined art direction.