- ABeam Consulting: Branded Film JKD planned and produced a branded film for ABeam Consulting.
- Butterfly : Dignics JKD planned and produced a branded film for ping pong brand, Butterfly.
- Blue Parclock : Audio Visual Installation JKD produced “Blue Parclock”, a parmanent audio visual installation at Global Ring in Ikebukuro Station.
- RedBull Music : 64 Bars Season 2 JKD produced season 2 of “64Bars”, a special content series by RedBull Music that records 64 bars at one time.
- Goldwin : Athlete Vision This is a graphic campaign (print + digital) JKD produced for a sport brand, Goldwin. We were in charge of key visual design and special web site production.
- Airbnb : Japan Host Story JKD Collective planned and produced a documentary film about Takigahara Farm in Ishikawa prefecture, as one of Airbnb's "Host Story" series.
- Goldwin: Athletic / Outdoor JKD Collective directed and produced a branded video for Goldwin Athletic / Outdoor.
- ESTIVO: Design Your Winter JKD planned and produced a branded movie for the snowboarding brand, ESTIVO.
- Speedo: Water Baby JKD Collective directed and produced ‘Water Baby’, a branded video for Australia-born swimwear brand, Speedo.
- ellesse: RAP FREESTYLE ft. LEON FANOURAKIS, JUA, MU-TON Branded music video for "ellesse" featuring a freestyle rap performance by 3 rappers who are leading the new hip hop generation.
- Helly Hansen: Be With Water JKD Collective produced and directed a brand video for Helly Hansen, a sportswear brand originating from Norway, known for their high quality waterproof wear and marine sports style.
- Goldwin Ski:No Skier Version JKD planned and produced a brand movie for Goldwin.
PwC Japan : Audio VIsual Installation
PwC is one of the biggest consulting firms headquartered in London, with over 200,000 staff in 158 countries around the world. JKD produced a permanent installation at the entrance of its Tokyo office.
- Jacob Collier : With The Love In My Heart JKD have planned and produced the music video, “With The Love in My Heart” for the Grammy award winner and YouTube star, Jacob Collier.
- Red Bull Japan: MAJOR FORCE BE WITH YOU JKD produced a documentary film on Major Force, Japan’s legendary music label founded thirty years ago, in collaboration with Red Bull Japan.
- THE NORTH FACE: GLOBE FIT INSTALLATION JKD has designed and produced this audio visual installation for the outdoor brand, The North Face, showcasing it’s latest product ‘Globe Fit’.
- Airbnb: Spring Break | Okinawa JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. Here's Okinawa version, "Simple Joy in Green" is the main theme.
- Airbnb China: Spring Break | Taipei JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. The Taipei version focuses on the latest music scene in the city.
- Airbnb China: Spring Break | Bangkok JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. Here's Bangkok version. Discover the contemporary Thai design and craft, which are at a point of dynamic convergence.
- Airbnb: Spring Break | Seoul JKD Collective produced campaign video series for Airbnb China, titled “Spring Break.” A total of four films were produced in documentary style, featuring popular destinations for Chinese Millennials, Okinawa, Taipei, Bangkok and Seoul. Here's Seoul version focusing on vintage charm of the city.
- Airbnb: Kanazawa | Not Yet Trending "Not Yet Trending" is an investigative series from inside Airbnb featuring new, hot destinations discovered by its community. JKD produced the latest episode that explored the Kanazawa, Japan.
THE NORTHFACE: AudioVisual Installation for SUMMIT SERIES EXHIBITION
JKD planned and produced an installation for THE NORTHFACE SUMMIT SERIES EXHIBITION.
- YAMAHA: Branded Film for TOKYO MOTOR SHOW JKD produced a branded film for YAMAHA booth at Tokyo motor show.
MONTBLANC: Nopera AOI -Special Show-
1-night Nopera Live Show that was held for VIP guests of fountain pen brand MONTBLANC.
Japan's oldest art form ”Noh” combined with contemporary music and cutting edged visual, the audiences experienced the mixture of Japanese aesthetics at its high level.
- Airbnb: “Live There” Campaign for Korea TV spot for Korea’s Airbnb “Live There” Campaign.
- shu uemura x Takashi Murakami: Tokyo Wrapping “tokyo wrapping”, a branded movie for the launch of shu uemura’s holiday collection featuring the artworks by Takashi Murakami.
- Airbnb: Host Story JKD was in full charge of Japan’s first large digital campaign production for Airbnb. We produced 3 documentary-style movies and graphics featuring 3 hosts.
- Asics Tiger: TRANSFROM COLOR. JKD and Beacon Communications collaborated and produced a branded film and graphics for a global campaign launched from Japan by Asics Tiger.
- Coleman: Welcome the Unexpected A hybrid short film combining a road trip movie and a freestyle rap music video for an outdoor brand Coleman.
- e.CASTEL A short film we produced for a brand new designer clothing shopping site called e.CASTEL.
- Red Bull Summer Edition “Mosquito Slap” In collaboration with Red Bull Summer Edition, we made a special video clip tightly synced to a music track made of all the sounds heard while camping out.
- Photographic Video Magazine: Koyasan We made a short promotional documentary video for Koyasan, the headquarters of the Koyasan sect of Shingon Buddhism in Wakayama, Japan.
- Kaleidoscope with Mirror Harrier The first work of JKD Collective this year is Kaleidoscope installation which took place in Roppongi Hills for Toyota Mirror Harrier.
- Heart Beat Music: Brand Movie for C3fit IN-Pulse by Goldwin Brand Movie for C3 Fit In pulse that can measure human’s heart rate by just wearing it. We converted the runners heart beats into real-time music and played on the track field.
- Red Bull Akeru Shimeru A digital campaign for the launch of 330min Aluminum Bottle, with the concept of “Open, Close", JKD created 24 types of GIF video featuring super head spins by Red Bull break dancers.
- YouTube Space Tokyo: Spooky House Conducted live streaming of special live performance by Daito Manabe / Rhizomatiks and breakbeats unit HIFANA which took place for Spooky House party at Youtube Space Tokyo in Roppongi on 10/31 Fri.
- DDH Installation An audio visual installation for the reception at DDH, Dentsu Digital Holdings in Tokyo. Composited photos shot at Tsukiji fish market with Japanese authentic pattern inspired animation.
- Nike TVCM “Your Step” JKD produced a 60sec TVCM for Nike featuring first achievement and trial in people's sport life. It was aired during the Kirin Cup, national football game and received a great reaction.
- Yokohama Odyssey JKD undertook the music production and sound design for a colossal projection mapping, projected onto a 10x30 meter stone wall in the shape of a ship. The 9+ minute video is a trip through time in Yokohama from the 1800s to the year 2300. The music turned out like a traditional scroll painting of music: Japanese traditional instruments mix with ambient sounds and strings into one fluid opera.
- Run Track This unique web application links to Nike+ and creates unique music tracks by analyzing your run. In collaboration with Rhizomatiks and AKQA, JKD directed and produced the music for this experimental Nike project mixing running and music.
- Tsurugajo Projection Mapping “Haruka” This was the first projection mapping in the Tohoku area to encourage reconstruction after the 3.11 earthquake. JKD produced this video and projected it onto the walls of a famous Japanese castle in Fukushima with 700 years of history.
Red Bull Music Academy Weekender
We took charge of visual direction for the Red Bull Music Academy Weekender festival in Tokyo. The strong visual impact of our designs was felt from the streets of Tokyo to the halls of the Internet.
- The Beat Makers To promote HP’s new music-focussed tablet, the Slate 7, we filmed 3 beat-makers who are pushing boundaries in the Japanese music scene, capturing the essence of their creative process and the inspiration behind their beat making.
- Mr. Omori Mr. Toshiaki Omori is a world renowned shoe master residing in Kobe. This short film we produced for Adidas captures the essence of this unique craftsman’s creative process and spirit.
- Tokyo Jazz Festival Tokyo Jazz asked us to take charge of the festival’s branding and visual design. Our solution was an energetic mix of Japanese and roman typography expressing a jazz motif within the sophistication of present day Tokyo.
- Puma TVCM : King Kazu Miura and Hiroki Yamada, two top athletes representing the old and new generation of footballers, wear the signature spike by Puma in this pair of TV commercials with the concept of “King spike speaks.”
Director Masaaki Miyazawa spent over 10 years shooting Ise and its forests in this powerful film. Our opening titles utilize a mix of the director’s X-ray photographs with sophisticated motion graphics.
- Synchronized Drops This station ID for Space Shower TV utilizes an experimental camera technique to create a gravity-defying optical illusion without the use of any post-processing in an interplay of floating water and contemporary dance.
This ID video for Rhizomatiks goes back to their roots of freely mixing creativity and technology, utilizing techniques such as realtime face mapping in the musical performances of Chinza Dopeness and Hifana.